← Back | The Tomorrow People
The Tomorrow People is US Science Fiction TV series about a group of young people who can teleport themselves just by thinking about it. Many of them also have Telekinesis and Telepathy. This show was based on the UK show of the same name that aired from 1973 to 1979. They are the next evolutionary leap of mankind, a generation of humans born with paranormal abilities.
The cast :-
- Robbie Amell (Related to Steven Amell of Arrow fame) as Stephen Jameson. He often wakes up in mysterious places and hears voices in his head - which turns out to be Cara. Stephen can also freeze time for brief periods, saving Luke's life when Jedikiar tries to shoot him when they break into ULTRA to rescue Cara.
- Peyton List (of "Frequency" fame) as Cara Coburn. She is well-known for her piercing blue eyes.
- Luke Mitchel (of "SHIELD" fame) as John Young. He is the current leader. The over 6-foot tall actor revealed that he did almost all of his own fighting scenes for the intense drama, only calling upon a stunt double for the harder moves.
- Sarah Clarke (of "24" fame where she plays "Nasty" Nina Myers) as Maria Jameson, Stephen's mother.
- Mark Pellegrino as Dr Jedikiah Price of ULTRA, an organization dedicated to wiping-out The Tomorrow People, or keeping them under control. He is also Stephen's uncle, which complicates things greatly.
- Aaron Yoo as Russell Kwon who was a prodigy concert pianist, but then became a petty thief and cheating at various casinos.
- Madeleine Mantock as Astrid Finch. She plays Stephen's girlfriend.
The series only went on for one season, which is a shame because of the potential of the idea and the characters.